The entire azalea plant, including its flowers and leaves, can be toxic to dogs if ingested. It can cause symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, weakness, and in severe cases, cardiac abnormalities.
The bulbs of tulip plants contain toxins called tulipalin A and B. Ingesting tulip bulbs or flowers can cause gastrointestinal irritation, drooling, loss of appetite, and, in some cases, more severe symptoms like difficulty breathing or abnormal heart rate.
Daffodil bulbs, especially the outer layer, contain toxins called lycorine. Ingesting daffodils can cause vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and in severe cases, low blood pressure and tremors.
All parts of the lily of the valley plant, including its flowers, leaves, and berries, are toxic to dogs. Ingesting lily of the valley can cause symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, irregular heartbeat, and, in severe cases, seizures or coma.
Hyacinth bulbs contain toxins similar to those found in tulips. Ingesting hyacinth plants can lead to symptoms such as gastrointestinal upset, drooling, loss of appetite, and potential allergic reactions.
Some species of lilies, such as Easter lilies, Tiger lilies, and Daylilies, are highly toxic to dogs. Ingesting any part of these lilies, including the flower, leaves, or even the pollen, can cause kidney failure and potentially be fatal.
Rhubarb leaves contain high levels of oxalic acid, which can be toxic to dogs. Ingesting rhubarb leaves can cause symptoms like drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, and in severe cases, kidney damage.
Oleander plants, although more commonly found in warmer regions, can be toxic to dogs. Ingesting oleander can cause symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, abnormal heart rate, weakness, and in severe cases, cardiac arrest.